Call for nomination of IT Governors typically go out in July of each year. Currently, two IT governors are replaced each year. The AVP responsible for IT will send out a call for nominations to directors. Nominations are taken for a number of weeks. Upon selection, Directors are notified and the new governors are informed prior to an announcement of their appointment, sent to all directors by the AVP responsible for IT.
New Governor Orientation
Upon appointment, new governors are invited to an orientation, led by the Director for IT and the Senior IT manager responsible for project management. The orientation has the following components:
- Role and scope of IT governance (and IT)
- DSA IT Governance Council Charter
- Review the project request process
- Review of the project prioritization process
- Review of the quarterly planning process
- IT Governance touch points and oversight during the quarterly planning process
- IT Budget Review
- Communication Expectations of IT Governors
- Meeting Schedule and the Council distribution list
Retiring Governor Processes
Governors normally serve for three-year terms. This is a significant investment of time and energy for the good of the division. Retiring governors are asked to share their experiences and feedback on their experience and the overall IT governance process when leaving. This is done via a private conversations with the AVP responsible for IT, the Director for IT and the Council. The Council shall honor outgoing governors at his or her last meeting in some appropriate fashion.